Sunday, April 24, 2011

April is National Poetry Month

And because I suck, I have not posted a single poem this month.

Thus, I present:

<> !*''#
^"`$$-
!*=@$_
%*<> ~#4
&[]../
|{,,SYSTEM HALTED


(Please to read aloud as:

Waka waka bang splat tick tick hash,
Caret quote back-tick dollar dollar dash,
Bang splat equal at dollar under-score,
Percent splat waka waka tilde number four,
Ampersand bracket bracket dot dot slash,
Vertical-bar curly-bracket comma comma CRASH.)

Fred Bremmer and Steve Kroese

Happy National Poetry Month.

Edited 4/25: I neglected to credit the creators of this poem, who are noooooooot me because I am not nearly this clever. The internet tells me it was first published in Infocus magazine in 1990. I'm pretty sure it was forwarded to me by a friend at some point, but I have since forgotten who it was - I saved it to my computer because I loved it so much. Whoever you are, thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! If "this is not my writing," as you tagged it, whose is it?

    Home stretch!!! And you should know I always read your blog even if I don't comment. Google Reader, stalking your life, etc. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh no definitely not my writing, would I were this clever... Proper credit is included now, thank you!

    Also ditto on stalking your blog. Man, you make me miss France so much...

    Also also PS I'm going to be in the Bay from May 23 to June 4 - will you?

    ReplyDelete